Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

NICOLA FIORE - MS CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST SPEAKS OUT !! YOU BETTER LISTEN ~~~


NICOLA FIORE
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2859629/
http://slaughterdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/03/nicola-fiore.html
TWITTER ---  @nicolafiore
CREDITS--- SLAUGHTER DAUGHTER , TERROR AT BLOOD FART LAKE , CHAINSAW SALLY ,BLOODBATH IN THE HOUSE OF KNIVES, MS CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST , RENECK ZOMBIES , MR. BRICKS : A HEAVY METAL MURDER MUSICAL  AND MANY MORE CLASSICS!!!

 NICOLA--- I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME IN DOING THIS INTERVIEW WITH ME ! BUSY GAL- MAY BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR YOU- SO THANKS FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR SCHEDULE FOR THIS HONOR! I WISH YOU THE BEST IN ALL YOU DO- AND HOPE THAT YOU ANS I MAY DO A FOLLOW UP SOMETIME-????!!!!!   ----JOHN

JG - What put you in place to do  movies? Was there a film in your past that grabbed you that you knew that you wanted to act  after viewing it ??

NF -I wish I could say that there was or recall one in particular, but I would say that it was television that inspired me really. I Love Lucy!

JG- What is your favorite horror movie  (old and or new) ?

NF -Such a tough question! I didn't always love horror movies. My old friend Chris Cline, who really taught me the basics of horror when I was 18, turned me on to Suspiria and Argento which made me look at the genre differently. That same year I made my first horror film which Chris wrote and directed called "The 12th Victim". The whole experience was so fun and it really gave me a new appreciation for the genre. 

 
 JG-.I have had the awesome chance to see via YouTube Slaughter Daughter – and its cool- I wish it was on a disc so I could really see it again and review it easier! What projects are you currently working on?

NF - Although I am not sure how that happened since it is still in the final stages of post-production! lol...I am SO glad you liked it! Just a bit of a perfectionist in getting unfinished things out there before people see the finished product. Lauren Miller and Travis Campbell are both post production masterminds so I just let them do their thing which usually doesn't involve the usual few years of waiting like most indies. Slaughter Daughter is something we are all proud of and look forward to getting it out there!

I am also in post-production on an indie art film called Annunciation: a triptych  which is a story inspired by the medieval painting of the same name. It was shot here in New York City when the Occupy Wall Street movement started which was worked into the film. It was refreshing to work outside of the horror genre with a group of great up and coming filmmakers from NYC, and to shoot on super 16 which was beautifully nostalgic. 

 
JG- If you had the opportunity to pick a cast and director to star in a movie with , who would they be? 

NF -Give me a story first and I would have a blast discussing the possibilities of that question! So many possibilities!

JG- Congrats on the wedding!!! I am happy for you two!! So – any big plans for you two ? Vacationing??? What does your wifey do ??

NF -Thank you for asking! Melody manages a HUGE business in Greenwich Village and is developing her talents in photography, graphic design, sound mixing, and public relations. She is the main source of my inspiration! I would not be doing what I am today without her.

JG- What would you love to do if film was no longer an option , something else in the film industry or maybe a whole different career all together? 

NF -There is too many things I would like to do! That is why I became an actor so I could do them all! Even for a minute:)

JG - Are you a reader and if so , what is your favorite book and author?

NF -I am always reading something. I just finished a 3rd read of "The Tao of Inner Peace" by Diane Dreher which is a good read when things in life feel to chaotic. Travis just loaned me "Super Fetus" by Adam Pepper (formerly of Troma also:). This story is psycho fun that is in the same spirit as a project I will be working on called "After Birth" with director Tara Robinson who I worked with on Chuckle's Revenge. Let's just say it is a disturbing tale of a "mother"...and her angry newborn!

JG- Now ,fun stuff, if I were to snag your IPOD - what music would be on it right now ???

NF -Eclectic! I listen to a bit of everything. My wife is into mixing sound so we are always finding new stuff to play for each other. We just had a night of old school Florida style break-beat which kept inducing drug flashbacks. Good times! 

JG- Any guilty pleasures? Music, movies ???

NF -Reality TV. Guilty as charged. I really do not watch any produced material since the producer in me is always compartmentalizing and breaking things down. Documentary style things with obscure subject matter I dig the most. 

JG- . I asked about how you got into horror films- but how did acting come around all together?  Do any modeling or music ??

NF -My parents were always musicians which led me to performing. My dad got me my first guitar when I was 10, but it was the bass that I really loved and played until I was 16...which was when I got into modeling. My parents weren't into being stage parents so when I kept asking to take acting classes they said I would have to wait. I took the only drama class my high school offered, which was only a semester, the very first semester of high school! I thank my parents for making me wait. Even at 18 or in my early 20's I wouldn't have been ready. I am tough enough now to handle whatever comes my way.

JG - Last one- I know not everything is meant to be thought provoking or an chance to learn something about oneself- but have you had a role that really challenged you- perhaps a way to think or to change your life even in a small way ? IN other words- has there been a role that really was a challenge for you personally in some way that it changed you ?

NF -There is an element of what you just said that is in each role I decide to do. That is what it is all about to me. If I originally think something isn't right for me, or a role is something I wouldn't normally do-I do it. I originally wanted to turn down the role of "The Woman" in Ms Cannibal Holocaust and I am grateful that Ron Bonk was persistent with getting me to audition. Playing the antagonist was something I had never done and didn't know I could do. And when Travis came to me with a heavy metal murder musical, I raised my eyebrows at him. "I don't sing!" I said. Something in me made me say yes...and even try to sing for my character. Although my vocals were not used in the film, I feel so much stronger for giving it a go. We had no budget for a vocal coach so I just went for it and in the process I learned I could actually do it. Now I know that working with a vocal coach is something I want to do and I didn't even know it. 

JG - Okay almost last one- lol- but- what else besides acting do you enjoy ? Any hidden talents ??  Ballet ? Playing Guitar ??

NF -I grew up with musician parents, so I had to treat the guitars like siblings.
Martial Arts keeps me disciplined and focused and I hope to train full time at some point in my life. I also LOVE target shooting with pretty much any firearm. 

 

JG -Now- guiltless self promotion ,spill it all- new projects- conventions ,  websites ? Anything- anything at all! Just tell anything- something youd like to share that I haven’t asked  !

 NF -Ms Cannibal Holocaust now available on DVD!!!

CHECK OUT AMAZON---- WOW----- GOLDMINE OF NICOLA'S WORK-
 http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=nicola+fiore

http://itunes.apple.com/fr/podcast/the-independent-corner-blog/id204913040

CHECK #128 FOR NICOLA'S PODCAST




No comments:

Post a Comment