Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

INTERVIEW WITH THE AWESOME MELANIE ROBEL


Melanie Robel interview
IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3093027/
Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Melanie-Robel-Fan-Page/113603078730618
Videography : Bikini Monsters , Astro Zombies :M4-Invaders from Cyberspace , Girl Scout Cookies ,Alien Vengeance , Stopped Dead and many more !

JG -You started at a young age doing dance, what grabbed you about doing dance ?

MR -I started dance at not a young age, actually I started really late for dancer as I was in my late teens. Kevin Buck, my drama teacher, told me to learn to dance so I would be a triple threat on stage and believe it or not, I used to sing. Anyway, about dance, within a year, I was moved up three levels, taking advance workshops and finally, taking private lessons to become a soloist. I was also teaching little kids the basic of ballet. I fell in love with pointe, ballet and pas du deux. I loved being lifted in the air by my partners. The really big thing was the fact I didn't have to talk, because I hate talking in public. Which is kind of shocking to some people who "claim" they really know me. Over the years I gotten really good at hiding that though. Of course, as an actress I am talking on a set, which really isn't the public.


JG - What was the first thing that got you hooked into the acting world ? Why did you choose to do that over dancing ? Do you do dance still ?

MR -What got me back into acting was the fact I had a dance injury. For fun, I went to an open casting call and got picked up by a management team. Went to L.A. and came back after a few months. I feel I was not marketed correctly, so I went home to be a kid and try the college thing. I went to hair school, but I missed acting. I did a short film called Grieve. I was also asked to do other projects and I feel I found my love for acting again. A lot of it was because of the; For Nicole Sake and For Christ Sake crew. They made me realize that there are good groups of supportive people out there and every project has it's ups and downs. I didn't want to live my life as a "should have" or "could have" been with my acting. So here I am doing acting again. Do I dance still? No, because I was injured and it took a lot of physical therapy to get back in shape and I had a growth spurt. So now I am too tall and behind the curve for a Ballerina. It's not just a career, but a life style. My one regret is that once I was healed I didn't keep up with it. Maybe someday I will go back to in, but never as a career.


JG -What kind of films would you love to do besides horror films? What would be your dream role ? Any stars you would die to act with or any director that would make your acting career complete?

MR -Believe it or not, I would really like to do a time period piece, like in a WW2 era. With my hermitage , I feel I could portray any character in that time. I would also like to try something mainstream, the cop or detective, in a series or film. Honestly, my dream role would be to act in a Life Time, or Family Movie. Not sure what kind of role, because I know I am considered edgy, but one where I am not a druggie, or bitchy. Where I can be part of a family, work with animals. You know.

Stars and Directors to work with ? That is a really hard question, because I have a really long list. So I will mention a few of my favorites in each category. Actors are; Robert LaSardo, David Fine, Dave Vesico, Angelica Houston, Tonya Kay, C.J Jones and Dean Winters. The directors I want to work with is Terry Gilliam, Ron Howard, Clint Eastwood, Guillermo del Toro, Lucky McKee and David Madison. I also want to mention Joe Hollow, but he is not a want,because I'm in his film Disciples.

JG- What projects are you working on at present ? Any plans on conventions or films in near future ?

MR -I am a part of Disciples. I am really honored to be part of this, because the cast is simply amazing and talented. Couldn't ask to be part of a more awesome film.
Here is the IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006719/

Also the web show series, La Fleur de Mai. It will premier in November in Orlando and I am really excited about it. It takes place in a small city, about three men who have HIV/AIDS and how they and their family's deal with everything. Of course there are other things happening in their family's, which makes for interesting drama.
Here is the IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1910108/

These are the main two right now. Conventions? Not this year, but maybe next year. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment