Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

SHEILA SCHROEDER OF BATS MEOW AT DAYS OF DEAD INDY 2011



SHIELA SCHROEDER
CO-OWNER WITH ERIC SCHROEDER
WEBSITE : http://www.batsmeow.com/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bats-meow/58362224257

JG - Here at Days of the Dead we have a wonderful vendor of the Batsmeow , Sheila Schroeder , with all things cool ,macabre and horrifying !

JG- So Sheila how has Days of the Dead been for you as a vendor?

SS -We don’t do a lot of horror conventions generally and this being the first time for this group we were a little skeptical but it’s been amazing! Traffic has been good, sales have been good, and people have been friendly and really fun hanging out.

JG - that is great to hear, I think this has been a lot more of a success then a lot of people anticipated especially for a first time around.

JG- So how else do you do your vendor work, do you go around …….

SS-We go to music conventions, in the Goth community. We do have a website, we go through Facebook, Twitter, blog, and we try to cover as much ground as we can.

JG What is your websites name?

SS- It is www.batsmeow.com .

JG - Awesome, I will make sure that this gets highlighted so people can come check it out!

JG So how did you get started in doing this work?

SS- Actually I had 4 kids ,the oldest two are boys , it was always easy to cloth them out of mainstream ,there is always black , always gray , there is always boy pirate ,and ninja clothes ,that are pretty awesome. But when I look had little girls I couldn’t find anything that wasn’t pink ,so I made a dress . Someone else wanted one, so I made one for them ,made a shirt, and someone else wanted one, so I made one for them So I was thinking I was making one for me , one for them and for anyone else who would want one ,may as well be a business !

JG - There you go- a good way to get started and get the chain reaction going! So do you feel that when the next convention comes around you will want to be a vendor at it?

SS- Ah, yes, I would sign up today if I had a date!

JG- Awesome! Well that is great to hear that it is all going well for you and Eric here with your shop , and I will wish you luck on your next endeavor at convention or music show , we will see you again!

JG- Thanks for the interview and taking time out to talk!

SS- Thank you- see ya!!


No comments:

Post a Comment