Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

CHRISTOPHER OTT DAYS OF THE DEAD INDY 2011



CHRISTOPHER OTT
OWNER LONDON 1888
WEBSITE----http://london1888.bigcartel.com/
FACEBOOK --https://www.facebook.com/London1888Shop


JG- Once again- I ma here at Days of the Dead with another interview with a wonderful artist Chris owner of London 1888. Thank you Chris for your time!

JG- Is the owner here of London 1888- he has some great artwork, great t shirts with some awesome artwork on them. How did you get involved with the, huh, doing this artwork?

CO-I have been doing artwork my entire life, I use to um , been involved in being in bands since I was 13 and always had the most artistic talent then anybody else (chuckles)-in the band -so, it was always like left up to me to do the artwork , so I just got better and better at doing it- so -

JG- the practice makes perfect-

CO- true I just started doing that-I worked in a screen printing shop doing work for like other bands and stuff like that, then over last few years doing it for myself and pushing stuff and doing stuff based on convention guests and hitting the conventions, I have always been a die hard horror fan so man it just makes sense! It just makes sense!

JG- awesome! Well your story yesterday about our mutual, ah, slasher favorite Jason, was it New Blood or New Beginning, oh um, -- (CO interjects) - “Ted White “-

CO-Jason!

CO- Ted White was from Final Chapter , Ted White is an awesome guy , he’s really cool really cool, very fatherly, well grandfatherly I would have to say because he is a little older, but uh- he’s a really nice guy. One of my favorite Jason’s. We did a ,did a um a Friday the 13th Final Chapter print last year , earlier this year for Horrorhound ,there was a reunion there, there was Ted White , Corey Feldman ,so we did the um print for that ,and gave them the first couple of the runs , gave it to Cory and Ted and uh, yeah man Ted was pretty cool pretty cool!

JG- you know if Jason says its good it gotta be damn well gotta be good- yes GOOD!

CO- Yeah- Good!

CO- that’s actually been the coolest thing like to do basically because we do art for specific events - we always do it based on the guests that are there and we give them the #1 of every print we do and uh-their reaction is always awesome-especially when like the conventions get started , we don’t always get a chance to hook up with them right away -so its nice when fans start bringing it to them to have it signed and their like freak out because it’s the first time their seeing it and they actually come hunting for us sometimes and that like for us that’s really cool! You know they actually like it when their coming to find you and not you saying “here you go” and like crumble it up throw it in trashcan when you walk away .We did an evil dead reunion at Spooky Empires Mayhem last ,ah, back in May and Greg Necotero was like ,I watched him walk all the way down the aisle with his eyes fixated on the Evil Dead 2 print ,man he loved it- he took my email address and said he is hanging it on the wall in his office at Walking Dead , and I was like - ‘ah man awesome”- he said “give me email address and I will send you a picture of it hanging on my wall ‘

JG- Perfect- awesome!

CO- Yeah it is-its stuff like that that’s really rewarding, I, I tried to tell him that, you did the special effects, he created this special effect for this poster I was like so summoning Greg Necoteros spirit while I am drawing, I am recreating his work to start with-so it was like very rewarding to come to full circle with it to have him appreciate it right back!

JG- its kinda like that small little reward of knowing that you’re doing something well enough that that person your making it about is impressed with it.

CO-they don’t look at it like “who’s this guy, trying to do it like I did?”-Yeah- that’s the reward more then anything.

JG- Man that’s great- , do you have plans for anymore conventions this year?

CO- we do- we are in like 3 weeks- Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville - and I am pretty sure we are gonna be releasing the Halloween prints because John Carpenter is gonna be there. So- that’s gonna be a pretty good one-and then um- relax for about a month or so-and gear up and get work together for the fall convention season and be right back at it!

JG- I will definitely get a link out there for your website-

CO- its www.london-1888.com

JG- I will make sure it’s out there so people can come check it out and see your artwork-

JG- Thanks for your time-

CO- Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment