Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

ROXY VANDIVER - YES- THE ONE AND ONLY ROXY VANDIVER INTERVIEW







ROXY VANDIVER
IMDB-http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2014783/
WEBSITE-http://www.roxyvandiver.blogspot.com/
FACEBOOK-https://www.facebook.com/roxyvandiver
CREDITS- Spirit Camp , Sweatshop , Witchcraft 13 , Jacob , Killer School Girls from Outer Space, Lars the Emo Kid, Princess, Crumble.

JG- So Roxy- now that you have several films under your belt-where do you want to go with your career? Are you wanting to expand out from horror and do other type of projects? If so- what would you like to do ?

RV- I love doing horror films ! Horror has the ability to combine all genres into one. There are moments in some of the horror films I’ve done that range from totally hilarious to truly dramatic. Most people think of me as a “Horror Darling”, but I’ve done some serious dramatic acting as well. In “Crumble” I played a heroin addict on the edge and in “John’s Story” I played an abusive alcoholic mother. Those roles were extremely challenging and very rewarding at the same time. I got to go to places as an actor that I had never been before. Fellow actor Jeremy James Douglas Norton and I were recently talking about we wish someone would cast us in a sweet, funny romantic comedy! We always get the serious roles!


JG- If I snagged your IPOD- what would you be listening to ? Anything that might surprise your fans?

RV -You’d probably be shocked by how eclectic my musical taste is. I have playlists that jump from Rob Zombie to Madonna and then to Eminem and The Beatles. I like a little bit of everything. My fans would probably be surprised by how much country music I love. I’m not talking about modern country though. I’m talking old George Strait, Garth Brooks and Reba McIntyre.

JG- How has your life changed with your health situation ? How has it affected your every day life?

RV-I’m a pretty open when it comes to the health issues I’ve had this year. I mean, I don’t want to give a sob story or anything, but I survived MeningoEncephalitis this spring and I’ve been in recovery for several months. I still battle with certain things. The virus eats holes in your brain tissue and affects certain cognitive functions. Many of those issues have healed with time, but my short term memory has suffered the most. Anyone who has suffered a long-term illness can attest to the fact that the most difficult part is the depression that can come with it. Being sick for a long time can get you down and make it very difficult to come back into the world and feel normal. I’m still working with doctors on those issues.


JG- Where would you love to live in this world? Anywhere but USA ! What would be your reasoning for choosing that country or city?

RV -This question is difficult because I would never want to leave Texas. Particularly Houston. We have the best food! Tex-Mex. Texas style Bar-B-Que. You just can’t beat it. But I suppose if you held a gun to my head, I’d have to choose to live in London. I chose London because I’d want to live in an English-speaking country first and foremost, and I’d also like to visit nearby Scotland and Ireland, the places of my ancestry.

JG- I hear about how awesome and fun your birthday parties are - but I am in Indy and your in Houston- so its hard to get there for them! Care to share some fun details about you most recent birthday party?? Any crazy must be over 21+ wildness on your crazy day ???

RV-My most recent birthday party was on September 17th. I had a blast walking the runway in some rock-a-billy pin-up fashions and seeing some kickass live bands with my friends. But really, any party with me has a tendency to get pretty wild. I am happy to report that this birthday was the first party I’ve had in many years where all of my clothes stayed on!

JG- If you were given a choice to pick an era - a new era for you to live in- what era would that be?

RV -Well, while I love the convenience of cell phones and computers, I think if I had to choose another era it would be the Golden Age of Hollywood. The late 50’s/early 60’s. Elvis, The Beatles, Marilyn Monroe! Women with curves were more appreciated and being stick-thin wasn’t crammed down women’s throat the way it is now. A lot of people will tell you “Marilyn Monroe was a size 12”. What they forget to mention is that a size 12 in 1962 is NOT the same as a size 12 in 2011. Sizing has changed dramatically over the past half a century and the truth is, Marilyn today would be closer to a size 6. Which is a great size in my opinion. Thin, but healthy and with CURVES! I’m so tired of the fashion standard of beauty being a size 2 or smaller. I have a Marilyn figure and I’m proud!


JG- If you were NOT doing any modeling or acting- it was simply out of the question- what would you like to do ? Was there a dream job that you thought of as a young girl but never pursued?

RV -Wow. I don’t know. I’ve been in the industry for most of my adult life. I wouldn’t know what to do without it. I mean, I’ve worked as a bartender in some great bars and clubs, but that isn’t exactly a “dream job”. I think I would like to own my own bar though. Having been an employee in that line of work, I think I’d make a great boss because I’d know what the employees and customers would actually want and need to keep them happy.


JG- How would you describe yourself? Not the way you feel others see you- but as you see you!

RV -I think I’m a little bit like a Sour Patch Kid. I take some getting used to, and I know that about myself, but once you get to know me you’ll find that I’m really sweet inside, my intentions are always good and I’ll give you the shirt off my back. I’m honest and trusting to a fault. I get attached to people really easily, and I also have the capacity to get hurt really easily. I have a tough girl exterior, but I’m just like everybody else. I worry about the future, fret over what people think of me and sometimes I cry for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Don’t get me wrong though, if you cross me or hurt someone I love I will become a Lioness and rip your fucking face off.

JG- Last but not least- when you’re 70 years old and you look back on your career, based on what you’ve achieved thus far- , what would you say is your defining moment? What film would you say is the film that you are most proud or fond of?

RV -Without a doubt, without hesitation, “Spirit Camp” is my pride and joy. I left my heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears in that film. It was simultaneously the most challenging and most rewarding experience of my life. I’d go back and film it all over again if I could.

1 comment: