Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

JESUS AND THE MARY CHAIN CONCERT

JESUS AND THE MARY CHAIN - INDIANAPOLIS SEPT 20TH THURSDAY AT THE VOGUE IN BROAD RIPPLE! (approx 500 fans in small venue)

BANDS- (UNKNOWN NAME) FIRST BAND ,FOLLOWED BY NYC'S PSYCHIC PARAMOUNT THEN THE AWESOME JESUS AND THE MARY CHAIN FROM THE GORGEOUS COUNTRY OF SCOTLAND!

http://thejesusandmarychain.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Psychic_Paramount
http://www.thepsychicparamount.blogspot.com/

 The first band , I honestly do NOT know name of- too bad- becasue they were not good at all- the fans were talking and doing other things becasue they were bland- and some folks were pretending to be asleep! lol sorry guys- but your music was nothing special , nothing new, nothing to brag about except about as sleep inducing as most new age music .

 Then a band I heard was suppose to be awesome- and compared to old school experimental / industrial sound with space rock feel- I was skeptical- but damn- they rocked- Psychic Paramount- (from NYC to which I did not know)- had a combo lite feel of everything from old (yes in the old ) Sonic Youth , Chrome , Throbbing Gristle and I even heard a little of the ambient wall of sound from the likes of Sigur Rus. No vocals- just wall of sound- LOUD - and long songs (which fit the sound)- drony trance inducing like old school industrial (I think of ,but not saying they sound just like , Discipline by Throbbing Gristle)- I enjoyed- and was quite surprised. I got to tell 2 of the 3 members this very thing- and they were like "really?? like them , wow!!!" - they had a sincere astonishment , and were very grateful ,and also ( yes, I am bragging a bit)- impressed with my musical knowledge hehehee!! They were excellent!





 Then the moment that all the reverent fans were waiting for- the Jesus and the Mary Chain- the folks there were definitely more about the 35- 50 age range- the faithful fans from the beginning- not real energetic fans- but who is at age 45 as they were at age 20??? The fans literally were all gazing up at stage with the look of awe- this IS THE JMC - (I do believe the 2nd time ever they came to Indianapolis- so this was RARE EVENT!). The fans were dancing , singing every word to every song- and I think the band noticed how amazed the fans were and how loyal and grateful the fans were to have them there! The look was a lot different then when they were younger- and even in later stages of musical career- but no one gave a shit about that- they just loved the tunes- and ooh did I say Psychic Paramount were loud?? Well - JMC were LOUDER- and yes folks- the distortion , fuzz and feedback were VERY present in the tunes- especially the tunes from Psycho Candy ! Oh my gosh- VERY LOUD!!!!( No- its not the "if its to loud ,your too old" thing- it really was the loudest show Ive ever been to !)The band didnt skip a beat- very little talking- some mumbling lol , but it fit the band and show! Now is where I would and will start rambling - so I will stop- but below you will see the set list- and some videos- my live vids I got the volume was so loud- it is all noise- and hard to discern the songs- so- it wouldnt sound very good- so some vids may NOT be from Indianapolis- but if it is a great presentation of thier sound here- then- viola - I want to share- it with you- to have an idea of the AWESOME evening I had!

 Lastly- the people were awesome- my dear friend , my first person I ever claimed as sister that isnt blood, Laura (her fav band outside of Adam Ant)- drove from North Carolina to see this show with me! THANK YOU LAURA!!! Also my dear friend Cat drove from Evansville Indiana to see show- ( and see MY COLTS sunday - go Colts)- and I met two cool folks from here named Anita and John- they were awesome- and had great knowledge of music- ( they even knew Throbbing Gristle , Chrome etc!!)! So- how could it go wrong? Great music , Great band period, great friends, new friends, and a yummy LARGE shot of Uncle Jack- this was an evening to cherish forever! Thank you friends- and new friends- thank you bands- and new now liked new band- and JMC- thank you for coming to our town- to share your music- and let us loyal reverent fans have this RARE chance to see you in our town! Thank you Crystal , our server for getting us our beverages- to toast this awesome event- it was an amazing event!(last shout out- Helena- my dear Montreal friend- who so loves JMC- wish you could have been here- you would have loved it!!!!!)

SET LIST -
SNAKEDRIVER
HEAD ON
FAR OUT AND GONE
BETWEEN PLANETS
BLUES FROM A GUN
TEENAGE LUST
SIDE-WALKING
CRACKING UP
ALL THINGS MUST PASS
SOME CANDY TALKING
HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS
HALFWAY TO CRAZY
JUST LIKE HONEY
REVERENCE
THE HARDEST WALK
TASTE OF CINDY
NEVER UNDERSTAND

4 comments:

  1. It was an amazing show and even better to get to talk with them afterward. Especially without getting chased away by security! It was LOUD, the waves of sound actually felt like wind on my face. Thanks to JMC for a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I recall "blues from a gun" being played before "between planets". Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..I could be wrong, I know they were back to back..

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could be right Scott- but- oh well- I got the set list from setlist.com - so- ??? lol

    Laura--I agree- like a breeze across your whole body with the soundwaves-

    ReplyDelete