Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CROSS BEARER - AWESOME GRINDHOUSE HORROR 2012



CROSS BEARER (THE HAMMER OF GOD ) 2012
https://www.facebook.com/CrossBearerMovie
http://www.adversaryfilms.com/
DIRECTOR - ADAM AHLBRANDT
PRODUCER- ADAM AHLBRANDT , NATALIE JEAN ,AND DOUG SAKMANN
WRITER- ADAM AHLBRANDT
STARRING - NATALIE JEAN , KACIE MARIE , ISAAC WILLIAMS ,PAIGE DAVIS RAINEY ,TIM CRONIN ,JD BROWN ,VICTORIA C DEPAUL AND MORE INCREDIBLE FOLKS!
4 out of 5 stars

WELL- I HAVE TO THANK THE CREW FROM HORRORHOUND FOR GETTING ME A COPY OF THIS FILM- I WAS NOT FAMILIAR UNTIL THEN AND THESE FOLKS ( ADAM , NATALIE AND KACIE), WERE AWESOME AND CRAZY! (SEE MY PODCAST HERE WITH THE 3 OF THEM- NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A PARTY!! )

Well lets get this ball rolling , or should I say ,lets get this hammer swinging ??!! I was shocked , amazed ,entertained, left feeling empty and dark , left with the challenge of fanaticism (religious and nonreligious) ,and anxious for more films by Adam and company! Why ???? well pull up a chair , coffin , rock whatever and sit your ass down and get ready



This film totally had the feel of that gritty exploitation / grindhouse film of the 70s , with the gore to match while embracing that late 70s early 80s slasher flick. The gritty picture, the dark passages , sleazy locations, wild women ,drugs,religious zealots ,crazed killer ( oh yes , he so loves God !!) , and drug lords! I am assuming also ,so I could be wrong, that this was filmed in a Philadelphia area - since crew from East Pennsylvania ( if I heard correctly).It ahs some good gore scenes , and the editing in the kills , the slight skippy like editing took back to mid 70s horror that left gorey impact and visions of slaughter that sometimes didnt always show the actual kill as it happened but did show the after scene of the brutal outcome ! You must see this to see what I mean , it is hard to describe- but it is visually shocking !

The fanaticism I saw in it was very interesting- the religious and the total nonreligious- the whole " I will kill for God" and the "I will do anything and everything that I want" ( as in the extremes in drugs ,sex etc). I saw it as a good way to show the bad in any type of fanaticism ,we tend to only think of it in religious context , but in this it really showed the other side along with religious nut mentality!


I loved the music in it also- the creepy soundscapes that in my mind reminded me of the creepy dark old school industrial soundscapes like SPK ,Lustmord and even Vond ! Great sound- great cinematography etc!

On not so "deep" things- this film as action , gore, suspense and even romance ( yes, romance- as in girl/girl and even some very physical love !!!)I think this is the start of something awesome- or at least the start of a career in films that will leave impact for its shock , grittiness , and visual context ! The guts alone to make this and confront the religious nutbag mentality as well as the (maybe unintended) showing of the other side of life and its way of being so extreme -only makes me wonder what do the folks have in store for us next , what does Adversary Films hold for us in future !? I do hear of a couple of projects ,Cemetary and Chamber of Nightmares !


To wrap this up- if you get a chance to see this- go for it- it is having a screening in Philly ,free - so if in the area- GO!!! If not- then go to a convention and pick this up or how ever you have to get it- just get it!!













No comments:

Post a Comment