Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DEVANNY PINN INTERVIEW -QUEEN OF THE SCREAM QUEENS

Devanny Pinn Interview December 2011
IMDB -http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1922788/
TWITTER-https://twitter.com/devannypinn
http://www.wix.com/devanny1/devannysite



I WOULD LIKE TO START OFF BY SAYING THANK YOU DEVANNY FOR TAKING TIME FROM YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE TO DO THIS INTERVIEW WITH ME! I APPRECIATE IT MEGATONS~~

SO- NOW- THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR- ***DRUM ROLL***- (YOUR CUE TO LOOK BELOW AND READ HEHEHE)


JG - WHAT FIRST GOT YOU INTO FILM? WAS IT A MOVIE A FRIEND, SOMETHING THAT INSPIRED YOU TO DIVE INTO THE INDUSTRY?

DV -I started in theater and actually a friend brought me to an audition in Arizona for a horror film just for fun. The director thought he saw something in me and took a risk casting me in the lead role. I thank God every day for that, not only did I fall in love with film, but it started my focus on horror.

JG- HAVING THE OPPORTUNITIES TO BE IN FILMS AND ON TV, WHAT DO YOU SAY HAS BEEN THE HARDEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU?

DV -Probably being patient- everything in film and tv is a waiting game. Pre-pro, being on set, post- its all hurry up and wait. I hear about a role or a film and if I like it I get very attached. Many times in indie film, it takes a while for funding to be found or films to be completed. Im looking to get involved in a franchise or tv series where I can really stay attached to a character and story for awhile.

JG- IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN TV OR DOING FEATURE FILMS- WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO DO AND WHY?

DV -Television is over all a different style of acting. My best work is intense characters and situations in film- that being said, if a re-occurring role on Dexter or American Horror Story presented itself? I might take some time off from film.

JG - A STUDIO COMES TO YOU AND ASKS YOU TO BE THE LEAD IN A REMAKE OF A CLASSIC HORROR FILM! A FILM THAT WILL BE RESPECTFUL AND FAITHFUL TO ORIGINAL.WHICH HORROR FILM WOULD YOU WISH IT WOULD BE?

DV -Hm, well that happened once already with my cameo in Piranha 3D and its up in the air for something in pre-pro right now. The business woman in me says take the film and ask questions later, but the horror fan wants me to leave remakes alone. I feel Hollywood is

turning to remakes, especially horror remakes purely for profit and not spending any time to really create a good film. If it is someone who understands horror elements and plans to honor what fans say, I would love to be involved in the Texas Chainsaw franchise or another iconic piece of terror history!



JG- IF ACTING (AND NO OTHER FILM TYPE CAREER) WAS NO LONGER A POSSIBILITY FOR YOU- WHAT WOULD YOUR HEART DESIRE TO DO?

DV -Well I would curl up into a ball and cry...and then take my aggression out on my next favorite thing- charity work. I am a big loud fighter for the underdog. I started a small organization called Scream For A Cause Foundation, which creates benefit events and highlights charitable work being done by actors and industry professionals in the horror genre. I myself try to attend and support at least one charity event a month here in Los Angeles.

JG- DREAM ACTOR OR ACTRESS YOU WOULD LOVE TO STAR WITH?

DV -Just this year I have stood next to my idols, Jamie Lee Curtis and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I really do not get star struck at all, but it took everything in me to stand perfectly still and not shriek like a girly fanboy. Now that I know I can behave myself, I am working very hard at pursuing a few projects that would allow me to work with them.

JG - WHAT TYPE OF FILM WOULD YOU LOVE TO DO THAT IS NOT HORROR?

DV -I stay pretty close to my scary roots...but I am currently assembling a line up for the next year that involves a lot of sci-fi, thrillers, action and fantasy. American Girls, which is filming in January, is a true crime drama based on the Bega School Girl Murders. I also am in the works for projects that are on another planet, in the medieval era and at sea. More on those in the next few months!



JG -NOW- ONTO OTHER NONFILM QUESTIONS-

JG- I NABBED YOUR IPOD, POPPED IN MY EARPHONES AND VIOLA- WHAT WOULD I BE HEARING?

DV -You would be hearing me laugh at you because I do not own an IPOD. I know, I am a weirdo.

JG- IS THERE A BOOK ON YOUR NIGHTSTAND? DARE TO SHARE WHAT YOU’RE READING IF ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?

DV -I was reading “Why Men Marry Bitches” to my sister earlier this week. Scary thing is this is freaky accurate. Even stranger...I was the guy in 99% of the scenarios. I also just got a pile of true crime and murder mystery books from the library in prep of American Girls.

JG- YOU GET THE AMAZING CHANCE TO LIVE AND WORK IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY- NON ENGLISH SPEAKING, WHERE WOULD THIS ENDEAVOR TAKE YOU?

DV -Well there is talk of New Zealand and Spain for movies later next year. Who knows if either will happen. I get lost everywhere and barley can communicate to people in English so I would be totally screwed if I have to go film overseas without a babysitter haha.

JG- WILL YOU BE AT ANY CONVENTIONS IN THE NEAR FUTURE?? HORRORHOUND ,DAYS OF THE DEAD ETC?

DV -You know, I really love the convention scene and want to do more of them...but I never get offers for it! When I had like one movie out I would get offers all the time and now that Ive done 30+, no one will humor me. It is interesting. The couple I do locally, the fans are Very supportive of me and my work. I even have done a couple comic conventions to promote my comic Fangs from Comic Book Divas. Maybe I will try to make more of an effort to some this year in between filming.



JG- WHAT EXCITING THINGS ARE HAPPENING WITH YOU RIGHT NOW?

DV -Um, well I am doing a lot of pr here in Hollywood- I just made my TMZ debut! That was pretty fun. My publicists are amazing!

JG -LAST BUT NOT LEAST- ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SHARE , PIMP OUT OR BRAG ABOUT – HERES YOUR CHANCE! I WILL SHARE IT ON MY SIGHT AND ON FB!! (NEW PROJECTS, FUTURE PROJECTS ETC.)

Coming out 'soon':

Nude Nuns With Big Guns is out in the US this Valentines day.

Super twisted animated feature “Where the Dead Go to Die” that I voice a character on is available to preorder on Amazon.

Cult Vol. 1 is a series of short films I host. It includes my directorial debut CathARTic- it is about to be available on dvd and VOD in the next month.

Song of the Shattered has been picked up and will be available on dvd later this year.

VIViD will be premiering in Feb I believe.

15 Till Midnight just got picked up and will be a tv movie as well as on dvd

Just filmed:

'The Slaughter House' with Sid Haig and Jeffery Combs

'The Devils Nightmare' with Seregon Odassey

Gone Dark with Bill Oberst Jr

a music video/short film with Danny Trejo

bit parts on CSI:NY and The Ringer

Coming up:

American Girls

Manson Rising

Nebulus

Broken

Room and Board

(and a few others I cannot talk about yet)


No comments:

Post a Comment