Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

HEATHER DORFF- ACTRESS AND PRODUCER- AND WONDERFUL GAL ALL AROUND!

HEATHER DORFF
IMDB imdb.me/heatherdorff
FACEBOOK facebook.com/serenityow
TWITTER @serenityrising
WEBSITE heatherdorff.com or filmingroundmidtown.com
CREDITS- MOTHERS BLOOD , HOUSE OF THE DEGENERATE BRAIN EATING MUTANT FOG INSECTS ,INHUMANE , SPADES , WHAT THEY SAY , AFRAID OF SUNRISE


FIRST OFF- I WANNA THANK HEATHER FOR HER TIME TO DO THIS INTERVIEW- THIS GAL IS BUSY BUSY BUSY- AND I FEEL FORTUNATE FOR THIS CHANCE!!! THANK YOU HEATHER- I TOTALLY APPRECIATE IT !

JG -SO HEATHER- WHAT GOT YOU SO HOOKED ON ACTING ? I READ WHERE YOU HAVE GONE FROM CHICAGO , GEORGIA , TO NEW YORK AND NEW ORLEANS- AND HAVE DONE A LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY THEATRE.

HD -I always wanted to be a super hero. When I realized that wasn’t happening due to my lack of super powers I decided pretending to be one would be the next best thing. I started my acting career in my back yard, pretending to be Kimberly (The Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger… duh)while fighting off Goldark. Although I’m being slightly funny.. this is in fact still true. I have wanted to be an actress for as long as I can honestly remember. Movies have always been an inspiration and motivation in my life and I always hoped I would have the opportunity to make films that do the same for others. Wise as me living here, there, and everywhere – that wasn’t acting related - that was just crazy life/me being so free spirited related. I did learn a lot about myself and people from those experiences and it’s helped me a ton with my perspective on life and acting as a whole. I was involved in a drama course at my high school but wouldn’t say I got a whole lot out of it. My school kind of sucked in the educating department, especially artistically. It wasn’t until I got to Chicago that I really started to pursue this dream.

JG -I HAVE NOTICED WITH A LOT OF ACTORS- THAT A LOT LIKE DOING MUSIC ALSO- ARE YOU MUSICALLY INCLINED ALSO ??? IF SO- WHAT INSTRUMENTS DO YOU PLAY OR DO YOU PREFER TO SING ??

HD -My voice could break glass. Does that count? Kidding, but I wouldn’t say I’m not musically inclined but I wouldn’t say I am either. I pick up on instruments fairly quickly and easily and have tested the waters on a piano, guitar, and drums. I would love to concentrate more on music and see where I can take it but right now that just isn’t in the time cards for me. Wise as singing – with practice I could be much better at it. I was 6 years in middle/high school in an advance competitive chorus choir. It was like Glee but without all the cheesiness and we didn’t sing nearly as cool or modern of songs. I can still sing Ashira L'Adonai in Hebrew (There’s a skill for the resume!).. it’s crazy how that stuff sticks with you even after this many years! Anyways, my singing might break some glass right now but I could fine tune it if I really wanted to.

JG - I AM SO ANXIOUS TO CHECK OUT MOTHERS BLOOD WHEN IT COMES OUT- KITSIE DUNCAN , JARED DELGADO , MARV BLAEVELT AND SO MANY OTHER WONDERFUL FOLKS- WHAT WAS IT LIKE ON THE SET OF MB ?? I KNOW THESE FOLKS TEND TO BE INTENSE (AND IN A GOOD WAY!!)

HD -I would say just that about it – it was intense. There was a lot to be done in a short time and my character goes through a wide range of radically differentiating emotions and development in the film so I had to concentrate a lot on that and my character. The cast and crew were a lot of fun though and easy to get along with which always makes life easier on set. There was a bit of drama moments here and there but all and all it was a good time and I’m extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to work on the film with such amazing people.




JG - I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS I ASK EVERYONE- BECAUSE I LOVE TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY- SO- NOW ITS YOUR TURN. IF YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO ACT ANYMORE- IN ANY CAPACITY AT ALL- WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO ??? (NOTHING IN FILM)

HD -I would start my own flying circus. Not really.

I would go back to school for computer science. For sure. That’s what I was doing before I took a hiatus from college and started acting. I am very technically inclined and a bit of a hardcore gamer at heart – so computers and programming always interested me. I would also strongly consider going to law school after I got my BA. I know it’s hard work and long hours but being a lawyer always seemed like something I would be good at for many reasons. I mean, they are just glorified actors are they not? Right up my alley ;)

JG - WHAT WOULD BE A DREAM ROLE FOR YOU TO DO , AND IS THERE A DREAM LOCATION YOU'D LOVE TO SHOOT A FILM?

HD -Believe it or not, I would have loved to have done Snow White and the Huntsmen coming up. I don’t know why but that role interests the heck out of me and the visuals from that director are just spectacular. I also would have loved to be involved with Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. Loved the books and characters in that film so much and Rooney really nailed it. Wise as location? I’m not really sure. Maybe Australia or someplace I’ve never been that is warm and beautiful.

For a film not yet made – I would give my left leg to play ‘Alice’ in the upcoming movie adaption of Justin Cronin’s amazing book ‘The Passage’. Go read it. You will not be disappointed.

I would also be more than happy, full on nudity required and all, to play Anastasia Steel in the upcoming ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ film – especially if Ian Somerhalder is playing opposite. Oh lawdy. The things I would do to that man given the chance… ;)

JG - IF YOU COULD PICK ONE DIRECTOR, AND ACTOR (MALE OR FEMALE) – TO BE ABLE TO WORK UNDER AND WITH- WHO WOULD THAT BE AND WHY ???

HD -Oh man. This is a tough one and the girl in me just wants to answer based on my actor crushes. But in all seriousness, I would love to have an opportunity to do a film with Natalie Portman and hell – shoot for the stars right – Joss Whedon. Why not? Natalie is one of my favorite actresses by far and Joss makes films that are just so unique and witty. I’ve loved Joss’ style since I got addicted to the Buffy series when I was 10. It would be a dream come true to work with both of them. Wise as a male actor, I’d sign a contract with the devil to be in a film with Ian Mckellen or Edward Norton. Love them both as actors. Amazing.

JG - YOU HAVE HAD SOME AMAZING MODELING SHOTS WITH JIM SORFLEET ( AND OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS) – WOULD THIS BE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURSUE MORE OF , THE MODELING GIG???

HD -No. No. I’m just not ‘good’ at modeling at all and I always feel super awkward doing it. Jim is my favorite photographer ever because he somehow got me to take those shots and be completely comfortable and they turned out amazing. I, to this day, don’t know how that turned out so well. Jim is just amazing. It’s not that I’m against modeling though – it’s just I need a photographer who is VERY hands on (no pun intended) and willing to direct me to a T so we get good photos out of it.


**** JIM SORFLEET SNS PHOTOGRAPHY

JG -READING MORE ABOUT YOUR RESUME IN ACTING- YOU’VE DONE EVERYTHING FROM FILMS , SHORTS , MUSIC VIDEOS AND COMMERCIALS – WHICH DO YOU FIND THE MOST CHALLENGING TO DO ?

HD -Films/shorts are definitely the most challenging and take the most time commitment but also, in my opinion, yield the best results. Becoming someone or something else convincingly for a long period of time is not easy – especially when you are gorilla filming after work and on weekends. It’s hard to really embody a character on time constraints like that. I’m guessing though, given the chance, that weekly TV series would be the hardest to film given the limited amount of time for memorizing lines and just overall time constraints. You being sick or something happening in your life is really of no consequence.. you have to film your stuff. That’s just crazy when you really think about it. What a commitment.

JG - NOW THAT YOU HAVE A LOT OF ACTING UNDER YOUR BELT – WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO JUMP IN AND TRY YOUR HAND AT DIRECTING ( EVEN IF ONLY A SHORT FILM) ? MAYBE PRODUCING OR SCREEN WRITING??

HD -I’ve done and continue to produce indie films. I was the main producer on ‘What They Say’ and have signed on to associate produce an upcoming feature film called ‘Pretty Infections’ as well. Directing is something I have considered doing in the future, once I have gained a lot more knowledge about filming as a whole, when I feel more comfortable taking on a role like that. For ’What They Say’ I actually handled a lot of the director’s responsibilities including relaying to my DP the original ideas/feel/angles for most shots in most scenes as well as guiding some of the actors during the takes. So I know I CAN do it – I just want to know I can yield great results before I take on a role like that head on.




JG- FUN STUFF NOW- WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LOVE- WHATS ON YOUR IPOD ????

HD -I am a fan of all kinds of music except country really. I would say I especially appreciate newer songs with an older feel like Goyte’s recent single and another one I have yet to know the name of that I keep hearing on the radio. I like Silversun Pickups, Neon trees, Talking Heads, Queen, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle, MGMT, Tegan and Sara, Matt and Kim, and just a variety of music! I’ve recently seen 30 Seconds to Mars, Tom Petty, Flogging Molly, Slightly Stoopid, Black Eyed Peas, and Red Hot Chili Peppers in concert and that was a blast on all accounts. I have tickets to see Coldplay in Chicago this summer as well 

JG -THIS IS A PART ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR PROJECTS AND CONVENTIONS ETC- ANYTHING YOU CAN SHARE IN REGARDS TO WHAT YOUR UP TO NOW AND IF YOUR MAKING ANY ROUNDS TO HORROR CONVENTIONS ???

HD -I have a ton ton of stuff coming up! So much it’s hard to even think clearly about what, when, where and I’m still in talks with a lot of different groups hammering out details and even more projects. Easiest way to keep up with me and what I’m currently doing is via my facebook or twitter since I update that the most. Wise as conventions, I will be at Fright Night happening in Louisville Kentucky end of June since my film, What They Say, will be screening there. I should be helping my friend Brian Shirley man the Alienbee table at that event. I also plan to make Days of the Dead Indianapolis the week after. I would love to make the Chicago one too, but, we’ll see. I would also love to make Flashback Weekend in Chicago – but again – we’ll see. I’m also going to be part of an all-night flea market happening in August in IL and am in talks about being a guest at a few other conventions – so we’ll see!




JG--- I MUST NOTE HERE AS THIS IS BEING POSTED I HAVE GOOD NEWS IN REGARDS TO HEATHER AND A FILM SHE WAS IN , A COMEDY / ED WOOD TRIBUTE FILM CALLED "HOUSE OF THE DEGENERATE BRAIN EATING FOG MUTANTS" WAS RECENTLY NOMINATED FOR NUMEROUS AWARDS- INCLUDING BEST SHORT , BEST ACTRESS FOR HEATHER DORFF , BEST ACTOR FOR WILL CUMMINGS III AT THE 2012 LAUGH OR DIE FILM FESTIVAL !!!! CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU AND I WISH ALL GREATNESS TO YOU HEATHER IN ALL YOU DO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment