Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

GHOSTS - HAUNTINGLY BEAUTIFUL SHORT FILM REVIEW



GHOSTS – 2012 4:00 minutes
DIRECTED BY- SCOTT W PERRY
PRODUCED BY - JEREMIAH KIPP
STARRING- DAVID MARANCIK AND XIOMARA CINTRON
MUSIC BY – NINE INCH NAILS
SLICK DEVIL ENTERTAINMENT - http://www.slickdevilentertainment.com/index.htm
5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS

Well, what can I say about this? I will be “cryptic” only because I wish you all to be able to view this for yourself. Why would I wish that? Keep reading!!!

I’ve been wanting to get this review wrote for a long time- and I thank Scott, Xiomara and David for their patients in me finally getting it done! The reason I have taken so long- was because of many failed attempts at trying to do it justice. I would start writing, and when all done, would re-read it and be so frustrated because it would barely give it its due, or give it an accurate review. I’ve tried to do an audio review even hoping words would come easier, but, to no avail! I decided today, perfect words, perfect review, justice done or not, it was gonna get written today. I hope that it intrigues you enough to watch this short over and over, and maybe even be touched by it. So- here it goes-

This short film , it is beautiful , haunting , and beyond words to describe the ethereal feel of love and loss- the desperation and sadness of losing one so dear . The music, the passion you can feel in the sound and in the visual has a stunning effect- it challenges- and it cuts to the heart of it all. I am amazed at how powerful a short film can be- and this short is 4 minutes long- and it leaves an imprint on me that will never go away. One can almost feel the love and passion the lead actor (David Marancik) has in it for his lady (Xiomara Cintron). The challenge I get from it- is to have this much passion and love for all things I do, all things I claim I love , and last but not least , and the utmost important one of them all, to have that love and passion for my own lady- my wifey! The kind of love that would haunt me- that would break me down to the core if ever I lost that love to a tragedy.

Folks- I could go on and on, and this short may not hit you like it did me, and that is fine. I had my experience watching this over and over, and it is 100% mine impact. You, all of you who take this small amount of time, and watch this beautiful short, find how it impacts you. Little, or a lot, maybe none at all but enjoy. Be touched. Be glad you saw this piece of ART!









No comments:

Post a Comment