Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

COURTNEY SELLARS - ACTRESS IN FED AND CANDY NECKLACE

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood-Productions/111309965562102?sk=info
https://www.facebook.com/BloodProduction

THANK YOU COURTNEY FOR DOING THIS INTERVIEW- IT WAS A PLEASURE- AND HOPE TO DO A FOLLOW UP SOMETIME!!! TY

JG- What put you in place to do horror movies? Was there a film in your past that grabbed you that you knew that you wanted to act and horror was the path?

CS -Well, my friend Ben moved back from Florida and he started his own film company. So basically I fell into it, and ever since then I'm addicted to it now. Some of my friends from high school kind of figured I would be involved with something like this as I got older. I always had that psycho charm to them. Haha! Also, I was always into horror films more than anything. Rob Zombie's films are my favorites. Sherri Moon Zombie is the way to go! (:

JG- What is your favorite horror movie (old and or new)?

CS -My all time favorite horror movie is the original Halloween. It was the very first slasher movie I ever watched. (:

JG - If you were asked to be in a remake of a classic horror- one that would be respectful to the original , the type that would make fans happy and feel good about the film, what movie would you like to do?

CS -I would have to say Nightmare on Elm Street. Just because the killer comes at you only in your dreams. Theres endless possibilities and ways to die.

JG - If you had the opportunity to pick a cast and director to star in a movie with, who would they be?

CS -I'm not going to lie, the company I'm with, I couldn't ask for much more. But to bring someone in to join us in a movie? I'm going to have to say.. Sherri Moon Zombie! [:D] She plays a very good psycho/killer. You can't get much better than that!

JG - What kind of film would you love to do, not horror in any way shape or form and why?

CS -If I would make a Romantic film, there would be the whole lovey dovey thing, but in the end..someone would die. Slasher style! (: Haha! But, I would definitely do a Comedy. Everyone needs a good laugh, and that's something I'm very good at making people do.

JG- A question that comes to my mind as of late is this- and it is kinda two fold and really all about ones own opinion – so get on your soapbox and let it rip. The questions is this- how do you feel about the saying “ horror movies do not create killers , it makes them more creative?’ I read that as a status one day and found it very intriguing.

CS -People are going to kill no matter what. I think horror movies kind of give them a little bit of an idea on how to do it. People could watch SAW, try making there own little traps and have them ending badly. They don't even have to want to kill somebody. They could just imitate a horror film and have it blow back in their faces.

JG-A little more thought provoking- how do you feel horror influences society, as in , in hard times for the world- society, for example, since 9/11 there have been a lot more horror hitting mainstream (be it original or remake)- is there a connection in your opinion in “current” events that shape our way of looking at the world even via through film? The sad ,lowly feeling a lot of folks feel during this recession and time of war, we see more grisly film, maybe to show us that it really isn’t as bad as we may think or feel? (please ask if this needs more clarification, it’s a hard one to word just right!)

CS -Well seeing how everyone's saying the world is going to end, I think that there is going to be a lot more films coming out about Zombie Apocalypse, Aliens, and just natural disasters to freak everyone out. Also, with our one film FED. We are basically trying to get out that people can get a hold of drugs real easily now, and use them in the wrong way. FED was inspired by the fact people could easily get bath salts and get high off them. Seeing visions of crazy things, when really your the one that making the actions.

JG- Are you a reader and if so , what is your favorite book and author?

CS -I never have time to read. Way to busy with films and work. Gotta chase that dolla' yo! (: haha

JG- Now ,fun stuff, if I were to snag your IPOD - what music would be on it right now ???

CS-Oh boy. There's tons and tons of different music on it. Anything from Heavy Metal, Country...but mostly Rap. My personal favorite, Nicki Minaj. I have basically every mix tape, featured songs shes in, her whole Album, and some of her new stuff. I seriously can't wait until her new Album comes out! I love her to death! (:

JG- Any guilty pleasures? Music (secret Loverboy fan) , Movie ( loved Somewhere in Time perhaps?), maybe a Harlequin Romance (you know, the kind with Fabio on the cover ? Hehehe)

CS -Twilight. Yes, I'm one of those fans. Haha! The movies are decent, but there's one thing I don't agree with..Vampires don't glitter. (:

JG- Last one- there is horror that makes a point, makes a statement , there are some for sheer shock value, and some that are for just the fun of it all- how do you feel about that? I mean like, is horror a place for the metaphor of human suffering or political agenda? Is it for just the “lets scare you real good” – and for the fun get away of everyday life? Another personal opinion question- but its interesting the myriad of answers this one can garner!

CS -I know with our company, we bring fun into it, and also humor. I feel that horror film are just to entertain people. But, some of them also bring good points to everyday life and make people see whats really going on. For example. kidnapping. That sometimes points out what could really happen, and what that person would go through. I mean, you could end up going for a walk and be missing in a flash. Happens everyday to someone.

JG -Now- guiltless self promotion ,spill it all- new projects- conventions , websites ? Anything- anything at all!


CS - We have our 2 movies out, FED and Candy Necklace. We are currently writing scripts for the next three movies, Manster, Nullem De Nocte, and BenMan. We also with be attending Monster Mania in March, Blood on the Beach in April, and Horrorfind in August. Look for us there! (: You can also check out our website www.bloodproductions.com
! Thanks for having me! I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment